Every contribution to the advocacy for free, open and timely sharing of Earth observation data, information and knowledge; every contribution to the GEO Work Programme; and every contribution to the development and strengthening of the capacity and capabilities of the regional communities is collectively transforming the landscape of the decision making informed by Earth observations.
Supporting you in these efforts is the GEO Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland. The GEO Secretariat is a small team based in Geneva, Switzerland supported by your voluntary contributions.
This team works with GEO Members, Participating Organizations and Associates, as well as the GEO Programme Board and the GEO Executive Committee to help deliver the vision and mission of GEO. This involves working on mission-critical functions that include:
- Supporting Members to participate in GEO, including in the GEO Work programme and with the open calls for participation, including funding and capacity development;
- Strengthening the participation of all countries in GEO, particularly through knowledge sharing;
- Connecting Members with international organisations, notably from the United Nations as well as civil society and not for profit organisations, in areas ranging from crowdsourcing to platform support and resource mobilisation;
- Engaging the private sector in provision of Earth observation systems and services;
- Communicating to Members and to society at large the huge range of activities taking place across the GEO community;
- Supporting the transformation of global decision making through insights and evidence offered by Earth observations.
Today, we ask you – GEO Members, Participating Organizations and Associates – to make a pledge for the 2021 financial contributions to the GEO Trust Fund to sustain the work of the GEO Secretariat. For the year 2021 we are aiming to reach CHF 5.5 million (Swiss Francs).
Please support the GEO Secretariat so we can support you!