What will be covered? The Symposium will be opened with a Keynote address by Stephen Volz, United States GEO Principal and GEO Lead Co-Chair for 2018.
Symposium sessions are expected to include:
- Opportunities for integration in the application of Earth observations across Agenda 2030, the Paris Climate Agreement, and the Sendai Framework;
- Challenges and opportunities for furthering data sharing and data management in GEOSS;
- Collaboration between Regional GEOSS Initiatives and GEO Flagships, Initiatives and Community Activities;
- Engaging the commercial sector in the GEO Work Programme.
- Roles for Earth observations in supporting the Paris Climate Agreement;
- Transformative technologies in Earth observations and how GEO can help shape their development; and
- Dialogue with the GEO Programme Board.
Earth Observations for Impact (#EO4Impact) will be a common thread throughout the Symposium. A full Agenda will be available here shortly.